The Burger King secret menu is now out: http://secretmenus.com/burger-king/secret-menu

As I noted in my post below, Burger King has just unveiled their new Angry Whopper.  As many companies are now doing, they’ve tapped into Facebook and created an application to help promote it. But this Facebook application is a bit….different. Instead of encouraging you to join a group, find new friends, or spread the word, Burger King is allowing you to ditch some Facebook friends by offering their new Whopper Sacrifice Application which rewards you with a free Whopper if you DE-FRIEND 10 people from your friend list.

As Platforms Optional notes, normally when you de-friend someone they may not even notice. Not the case with Whopper Sacrifice. Part of the application makes sure that each of the 10 friends you choose to ditch get announcements alerting them to the fact that they have been de-friended.

Brutal, bold, and frankly, pretty awesome.

Whopper Sacrifice website.

1. Robert

u can “t eat ur friends but u can eat a whopper. this was the easiest thing i’ve ever had 2 do.

2. Lisa

and you’re handing them 10 facebook addresses that they can use to target their next campaign…
    …and the next campaign
    ……and the next campaign
    damn spamn!

3. Bill

It’s quite obvious that BK has recruited youthful, humorous marketing people now…first their meat-scented perfume and now social media sites?

Still won’t eat a whopper, but well done on the campaign.

4. Jason

delete 10 friends 4 a free whopper hmmmm……………… *goes off 2 delete 10 friends

5. Heather

Cool marketing campaign, but way too much trouble to get a whopper (which I wouldn’t even want). If I wanted one that badly, I would just pay the $3 or whatever it costs.

• Valentines day 2014

Lamb is great, but corned beef is not disgusting!

Supermarket sliced lunch meat corned beef is gross….but delicatessen corned beef, done right and Kosher style, or as a brisket….Dee-LISH!

6. JRCache

Just make 10 accounts, add them as friends, and then delete them. You already have a few random email addresses laying around, right? At least you should, they come in handy a lot (2 boxes up).

7. I am Me

I as really looking forward to trying this burger. Im not usually a Booger Fling fan but this one actually looked good. Well now I wont be trying it. People who are childish enough to dump 10 friends for a free burger are so fucking stupid. Spend the $5 and keep your friends. Even ditching then re-friending is wrong and hurtful. If you cant afford to buy a fucking hamburger you cant afford the internet. Drop the net and buy some fucking food! Oh wait! That would be the grown up thing to do. All of you are dumbasses for thinking this is funny and creative. I hope stupid doesnt run in families or our nation is shot to hell!

8. Dan Rosenfield

Pretty interesting attention grabber for Burger King. Good example of viral marketing. Burger King has only been successful selling to relatively young males…it will be interesting to see if this campaign broadens (no pun intended) their market.

9. Common Sense

I got my free whopper, the coupon came really fast. Probably the best decision ever made by BK.

10. Josh

I think that is genuis. You get a free burger and you can defriend some people that were never really your friend in the first place.

11. Saint Paddy's Day 2014

Wow this is just an awesome post i must say, Am just in love with this blog right now!! the articles are written precisely in an addictive manner. Keep up the good work sir!