No not me. God no, I would never do that. But one young man (duh, I mean would a woman be stupid enough to do this?) has created a Facebook group (now up to more than 16,000 members) that makes this very promise.
The only stipulation the group’s creator makes, is that while he promises to eat all the burgers, nuggets and fries associated with the various value meals in one sitting, he does not have to drink all 12 sodas, and is free to drink as much or as little as he wants during the process.
For those of you not up-to-date on your McDonald’s value menu, the list of all 12 meals appears below.
#1 – Big Mac
#2 – 2 Cheeseburgers
#3 – Quarter Pounder w/ cheese
#4 – Double Quarter Pounder w/ cheese
#5 – Big N’ Tasty
#6 – Double Cheeseburger
#7 – Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich
#8 – Premium Chicken Club Sandwich
#9 – Chicken McNuggets (10 piece)
#10 – Chicken Selects
#11 – Premium Chicken Classic Sandwich
#12 – Fillet-O-Fish
I just went over to check out McDonald’s Nutrition Facts and determine what the total caloric intake for this feast would be. Assuming that each meal is eaten with the standard medium fries, the total caloric intake of this endeavor would be….wait for it….wait for it….. 10,710 calories.
To give you a sense of what it would take to burn those calories off, you would need to run 82 miles at an 8 minute pace OR have sex at a moderate pace for 87.8 hours. Hmmm…seems like an easy choice, and not just because I hate running.
So I have a few questions and rule clarifications I would like to address to those who are proposing this endeavor.
- Do all 12 meals need to be purchased at once?
- If yes, must they all be eaten in the restaurant? Or can they be taken home?
- If they can be taken home, is any reheating of the meals allowed? Or will the food be allowed to get cold?
- What is the definition of “one sitting?” Is the eater not allowed to stand up until done eating all 12 meals? Or are reasonable exemptions allowed for bathroom and stretching breaks?
- Does the food need to be eaten in a customary manner, or are eating “tricks” allowed? For example, does each burger need to be eaten like a normal burger, or can a pile of burger patties be eaten separately from a pile of buns?
- Is the eater allowed to deliberately cause themselves to throw up at any point in order to accelerate their ability to put down more food?
- Does each individual meal have to be eaten on its own, or can the eater mix and match? For example, could all 12 bags of french fries be eaten first, then the burgers, or vice versa?
- If an entire meal must be eaten separately before the next meal is tackled, can the eater go in any order of the 12 meals that they wish? Or must they start at meal #1 and work up to #12?
Personally, I think that all 12 meals should be eaten in order, from #1 through #12. Why? that will set up the final stage of the man vs. fast food challenge with perhaps the most intimidating McDonald’s sandwich of all: The Filet-o-Fish!