For today’s Would You Rather? it’s a battle of classic sandwich vs. classic sandwich. Which would you sacrifice for the rest of your life?

Option #1: You can never eat a peanut butter & jelly sandwich again.

peanut butter and jelly

Option #2: You can never eat a grilled cheese sandwich again.

grilled cheese

As always, please leave a comment explaining why you voted the way you did.

Which Option Would You Choose?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The following two tabs change content below.

1. gastrohub@gmail.com'
    GastroHub

I’m keeping PB&J. After living in dorms and sorority houses for all of college, grilled cheese sandwiches have been ruined for me by being drowned in butter and inedible due to grease (and I was skeptical about the grease content, because goodness knows I love some good greasy guilty pleasure food). If you don’t believe in too much grease, try gagging down one of those sandwiches.

2. cary.a.james@gmail.com'
    Cary

@Gastrohub – just make your own grilled cheese, and use a small amount of butter. why can’t you just use a little restraint, and the grease problem evaporates.

and pb&j are great when you’re 7 years old. otherwise, give me melted cheese on bread NOW.

3. kris.mccracken@gmail.com'
    Kris

Peanuts have a tendency to send me into anaphylactic shock, so I’ll happily take the grilled cheese.

4. devinbiondi@hotmail.com'
    Biondid

This was tough. I said keep the PB & J. I don’t eat them much, but there are so many things that can be substituted for a grilled cheese. I eat Quesadillas 3-5 times a week. I’ll eat that instead. Nothing like a PB & J from time to time.

5. rsilver@beaprotagonist.com'
    Rachel

Definitely grilled cheese. I love the subtle crust the butter makes on the bread as it fries; the moment you slice it and detach the first half of your sandwich as the cheese clings between the two halves, gold and glistening. I love the contrast between the crunch of the bread and the soft, sensual meltiness of the cheese. I could eat them every day, but then I’d weigh 300 pounds.

6. antoniocmoore@gmail.com'
    Antonio

That was so damn hard. But in the end you can always have a cheeseburger. Or something else with cheese on it. Where the hell else would u get ur pb and j fix?

7. ihavenames@gmail.com'
    Lis

I just had a fantastic grilled cheese, and I only eat PB straight off the spoon, so this was no contest.
    Grilled Cheese all the way!

8. lucas.chute@gmail.com'
    rucas

I ate PB&J 4 days a week for it seemed a hundred years in grade and high school, mostly times with all-organic shit. That is how I imagine prison food tastes. Yes, I was only allowed the ‘hot lunch’ once a week, wanna fight?

9. spiritofthe20thcentury@gmail.com'
    Kali

As it was stated in the NYT food section a year or two ago, grilled cheese is “fat on fat.” And as much as I appreciate and enjoy the humble pb&j, I gotta go with the grilled cheese. Especially with side of tomato soup.

10. kevinbertschglf@yahoo.ca'
    KevinB

Even though I love grilled cheese sandwiches, I haven’t actually had one in over a year. PB&J – at least once a week. I use “just peanuts” PB, whole grain bread, and try to find jam or jelly that’s not entirely HFCS. I can slap a PB&J together with a cold glass of milk in a commercial break – it’s the perfect late night TV snack.

And don’t get me started on my favourite variations, like PB&J&B – triple decker peanut butter with jelly and banana. Or an Elvis. Or PB&J&P (roasted peanuts sprinkled on the sandwich for extra crunch).

Sorry, grilled cheese; love ya, but ya gotta go.

11. jimmydabaker@aol.com'
    jimbo

I swear to God, that is the toughest question I have ever tried to answer in my life, & I am 45

12. moeed_en@hotmail.com'
    abdul moeed

hi i will try both but i lke peanut butter because it strengths the digesive system and lowers chlostroil and lower blood sugar level.It is also good for eyes and hair and bones so i will not skip any of them but i will eat saperatly

13. rickiebeth@gmail.com'
    RB

I had a PB&J for the first time in about ten years recently, and it was like a revelation. I didn’t remember how absolutely delicious they were! Still, I managed ten years without one, and I can’t seem to ever manage more than one month without an ooey-gooey, crispy, salty grilled cheese sandwich, so that makes this contest quite an easy choice for me.

14. kdb955@hotmail.com'
    KDB

That was a tough one. I’m with Lemmonex about the marshmallow plus I do all kinds of grilled cheese hacks: add tomato while cooking, Mozzrella instead of cheddar , add onion and or peppers. I could not give up my personal artform.

15. dan.jen.robbins@gmail.com'
    Jen

What about grilled pb&j? My husband is the grilled pj&j master! Mmm… crunchy bread, creamy pb, sticky j, drizzled w/ choc sauce, dipped in fluff. Holy sh*t biscuits! I’m gonna have to demand one for dinner tonight. Get the insulin shot ready!