Last week my post about the Top Ten Fast Food Chains got a pretty good response, proving the old axiom “people love top ten lists.”  So I thought I’d follow up be delving a little deeper and look at the next 10 restaurants on the list.  The list is according to total $$ sales, just like the top ten was. The top ten included all the usual suspects (McDonalds, Subway, Wendy’s, Taco Bell etc.) and a surprise for me (Sonic).  Here are the #11 – #20 quick service restaurants:

Any restaurants that are on (or not on) this list that surprise you?

• 11. Arby’s
  • 12. Jack In The Box
  • 13. Domino’s
  • 14. Chick-fil-A
  • 15. Panera Bread
  • 16. Dairy Queen
  • 17. Papa John’s
  • 18. Hardee’s
  • 19. Quiznos Subs
  • 20. Popeyes

My first thought? Whoever is still going to Arby’s frequently enough to put them at #11 should probably be rounded up and deported.

The following two tabs change content below.

1. windexcologne@yahoo.com'
    joel david

I’m surprised that Panera Bread is above the Hardee’s/Carls Jr franchise, and that it’s actually considered a real “quick service” joint. Just seems a bit out of place.

pizzaconnoisseur.blogspot.com

2. sogoodblog@gmail.com'
    Eick

One thing I should mention is that Carl’s Jr shows up in the 21 – 30 list, meaning clearly they aren’t combining Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr’s sales numbers. I’m guessing it would be top ten if they did.

3. wouldibuyitagain@yahoo.com'
    WIBIA

Wondering if Qdoba and Chipotle are on this list or too fast casual?

Re: Arby’s. Sorry, that is me. It is probably in my top 3. It is right by work and they have..Jamocha Shake!

4. sogoodblog@gmail.com'
    Eick

@WIBIA

Chipotle and Qdoba both qualify. I’ll be working my way through the list with some future posts. Look for Chipotle in the #21 – #30 post and Qdoba later on.

5. antoniocmoore@gmail.com'
    Antonio

Yay for Jack in the box. Im surprised Quiznos is so low. Maybe if Quiznos stopped short changing people on the sandwich size they would sell a little more. That bullet is so small.

6. matteson.ross@gmail.com'
    rossitron

i don’t think quiznos’ product quality can justify the high price and small size. you can easily spend close to ten bucks there for a sandwich that tries to be fancy, but is still fast-food quality. i hate to say it, but the $5 footlong promo really set a standard–that a good-sized lunch can be had for well under ten bucks.