No matter how connected you think you are, something is going to get by you.Â Today when I read about a blog that is 75% through a 1,000-day chronicle of mundane things that are secretly awesome, I felt like I missed the boat.Â But at least I am on board now.Â Looking back over the whole list to-date here, I canâ€™t help but pull out a number of my favorites, and obviously, they are all about food.
- #949 Ordering off the menu at fast food restaurants
- #915 When thereâ€™s leftover cake in the office kitchen
- #864 Mastering the art of the all-you-can-eat buffet
- #709 Waking up to the smell of sizzling bacon
- #582 When the guy at the deli counter gives you a free taste
- #524 When your fries order has a few onion rings stashed in the mix
- #416 When you try cooking something new and everyone likes it
- #348 That moment near the holidays when thereâ€™s suddenly cookies, chocolate, and candy everywhere
- #276 Waiters and waitresses who know the menu really well
- #257 Eating a free sample of something you have no intention of buying
The great thing aboutÂ the above 10, and theÂ whole list, for that matter, is thatÂ everyone can relate to them, andÂ know the feeling of how awesome they actually are.Â I love how the author also really digs down intoÂ most ofÂ his daily topics – it’s seriously worth a check-in.
What food-related awesomeness can you relate to? What is missing?